Over 1000 development cooperation projects by China and India in Africa using AidData were collected and analysed to understand the motives behind their development cooperation. The author proposes that neither China nor India were solely motivated by one causal factor, whether strategic, economic or humanitarian interests or the size of their diaspora in Africa.
- Publication year: 2018
- Publication Type: Book
- Form of Cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation Context: Multilateral
- Recipient Country: Multiple countries
- Region (Recipient country): Africa
- Sector: Multi-sectoral
- Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan (Book)
- Author (and co-authors): Philani Mthembu
- Keywords: Development cooperation landscape; theoretical foundations; China and India’s development cooperation in Africa
- Link: https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783319695013