A collection of accessibly written case studies explore inter-related areas including trade, investment, development aid, civil society relations, security and geopolitics and enables readers to compare India to China and other ‘rising powers’ in Africa.
- Publication year: 2011
- Content type: Book
- Form of cooperation: Comprehensive (lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation context: Multilateral
- Region (country): Multiple
- Sector: Multisectoral; trade; security
- Institution (publication): Pambazuka Press
- Editors: Emma Mawdsley and Gerard McCann
- Keywords: China’s relationship to Africa; India’s relationship to Africa; rising powers; trade; investment; development aid; civil society relations; security; geopolitics
- Link: https://www.pambazuka.org/global-south/india-africa-changing-geographies-power