This policy brief sets out the agenda of Indian development cooperation, particularly positioned around India as an emerging power and the growing prominence of South-South cooperation. The brief concludes with the implications of India’s growing role in development cooperation for Europe, both in terms of trade and in partnership.
- Publication year: 2011
- Content type: Policy Brief
- Form of cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation context: Multilateral
- Sector: Multisectoral
- Institution (publication): EDC2020 project on European Development Co-operation to 2020
- Author (and co-authors): John Humphrey
- Keywords: South-South cooperation; profile of India’s development cooperation; India’s private sector; Africa; implications for Europe
- Link: http://www.edc2020.eu/fileadmin/publications/EDC2020_-_Policy_Brief_No_16_-_Indian_Development_Cooperation_Key_Traits_and_Prospects.pdf