The present study identifies a strategy for India’s continued engagement with Latin American countries (LAC). The aim is to understand how India can emerge as a major player in LAC to achieve a trade target of $125 billion by 2025. The paper provides an overview of the trading environment in the LAC, the rise of regionalism, India’s possible trade destinations and export potentials, and dimensions of bilateral investment and trade in services. The paper provides policy recommendations based on its analysis.
- Publication year: 2019
- Content type: Report
- Form of cooperation: Comprehensive (lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation context: Multilateral (Latin American countries)
- Region (country): Latin America; Latin America and the Caribbean
- Sector: Trade
- Institution (publication): Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries
- Author (and co-authors): S K Mohanty, Pankhuri Gaur, Sanura Fernandez, and Upasana Sikri
- Keywords: South-South cooperation; Latin America; trade and investment
- Link: RIS site