In this report, Dr. Jai Bhatia visualizes the various recipients of EXIM Bank’s total operative lines of credit. The full report is available to download below.
- EXIM Bank’s total operative lines of credit (LoCs) in 2020 were US$24.9 billion
- Asia accounts for the largest share (56%) of the LoCs, notably Bangladesh which accounts for 31.5% of total LoCs.
- The three largest recipients of EXIM Bank’s LoCs are Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka, highlighting India’s growing influence in South Asia and its ‘Neighbourhood First’ foreign policy.
- Infrastructure projects account for over 43% of LoCs by value. Railways account for over 32% of infrastructure projects.
- 23% of LoCs are either yet to be specified or include multiple projects under one LoC. These projects are categorised as others in this report.