In recognising the transformation of growth and development performance in the global South, there is a need to better understand South-South cooperation, how it can contribute to sustainable development and what more needs to be done to scale-up and improve such cooperation for sustainable development. This paper addresses these questions and provides a framework of better understanding South-South cooperation and its role in supporting the implementation of the Sustainable Development Agenda.
- Publication year: 2016
- Content type: Report
- Form of cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation context: Multilateral
- Sector: Multisectoral
- Institution (publication): United Nations Development Programme (Bureau for Policy and Programme Support)
- Author (and co-authors): Xiaojun Grace Wang and Shams Banihani
- Keywords: South-South cooperation; sustainable development; technology transfer; infrastructure; Africa, Lines of credit (LOCs); humanitarian aid; triangular cooperation
- Link: https://www.undp.org/content/dam/somalia/docs/key-documents/Scaling-up%20South-South%20Cooperation%20for%20Sustainable%20Development.pdf