This report summarises the discussions that took place at the Second Summit of the Forum for India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC) on August 21, 2015. India highlighted the growing importance of Pacific Island nations to India by proposing higher cooperation in varied spheres such as energy, trade, blue economy, disaster management, renewable energy and climate change. The Indian government undertook a slew of important development cooperation measures, especially in the field of human resource development. These active initiatives are essential for India particularly given the increased attention to this region by other major global economies.
- Publication year: 2015
- Content type: Blog post
- Form of cooperation: Comprehensive (lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation context: Multilateral
- Region (country): Pacific Islands
- Sector: Multisectoral
- Institution (publication): Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi, India
- Author (and co-authors): Dr Rani Mullen and Kashyap Arora
- Keywords: Pacific Islands; Forum for India-Pacific Islands Cooperation (FIPIC).
- Link: CPR site