A critical analysis of the aid policies and programmes of ten rising donors from the global South. Amongst these are several BRICS (Brazil, India, China and South Africa), but also a number of less studied countries, including Cuba, Venezuela, the United Arab Emirates, Colombia, Turkey, and Korea. Ideas, identities and actors that shape contemporary South-South cooperation are explored, in addition to potential differences and points of convergence with traditional North-South aid.
- Publication year: 2017
- Content type: Book
- Form of cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation context: Bilateral ( Senegal and Mozambique)
- Region (country): Africa
- Sector: Multisectoral
- nstitution (publication): Palgrave MacMillan
- Author (and co-authors): Isaline Bergamaschi, Phoebe Moore and Arlene B. Tickner (Editors)
- Keywords: South-South cooperation; Mozambique; Senegal; Indian private sector investments; securitization of aid
- Link: https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9781137539687