A detailed examination of the opportunities and challenges posed by the increasing presence of China and India in Africa. The book proposes critical interventions that African governments must undertake to negotiate with China and India from a stronger and more informed platform.
- Publication year: 2010
- Content type: Book
- Form of cooperation: Comprehensive (Lines of credit, grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation context: Multilateral
- Region (country): Africa
- Sector: Multisectoral
- Institution (publication): Zed Books (in association with the Nordic Africa Institute)
- Author (and co-authors): Fantu Cheru and Cyril Obi (Editors)
- Keywords: Africa; comparing China and India’s presence in Africa; China and Africa security relationship; energy security; economic ties; private sector
- Link: Zed Books / Nordic Africa Institute