This report provides a detailed overview of Afghanistan-India relations as of May 2015. An overview of the discussions from President Ashraf Ghani’s visit to India around economic cooperation and development assistance is provided. Summaries are also given on the areas of sports cooperation, security cooperation, infrastructure development, rural and community development, and educational assistance.
- Publication year: 2015
- Content type: Blog post
- Form of cooperation: Comprehensive (grants and loans, and technical assistance).
- Cooperation context: Bilateral
- Region (country): South Asia (Afghanistan)
- Sector: Multisectoral; security; infrastructure; education; transport
- Institution (publication): Centre for Policy Research, New Delhi, India
- Author (and co-authors): Kailash Prasad, Hemant Shivakumar, and Rani Mullen
- Keywords: South-South cooperation; India’s development cooperation; Afghanistan; President Ashraf Ghani’s visit to India; fragile and conflict-affected states
- Link: CPR site